We often get requests for how you can disable the CS Cart upgrade warnings or notifications that you get in the pop-up modal window inside the admin area of CS-Cart.
Often, clients will have us customize their CS-Cart builds in such as may that making use of any automatic upgrade process will overwrite core functions in their CS Cart build.
Some recent custom CS-Cart develop projects of ours have included:
- Creating an ApparelMagic to CS-Cart integration bridge as an add-on (or call it Apparel Magic CS-Cart Add-on if you prefer) that syncs inventory in ApparelMagic to CS-Cart’s inventory process.
- Creating a custom square foot calculator for CS-Cart
- Creating a California Sales Tax add-on for adhering to the Department of Revenue city-tax rate system.
- Custom shipping options for CS-Cart LTL Freight and Fed Ex ground (so it picks which is better for a particular order)
- A custom framing application for CS-Cart that allows users to select images and checkout with framing options.
- CS-Cart and online eLearning integration, where you can see online courses through CS-Cart and have it unlock.
So, in the end .. you can see where it would not really be wise to reply on an upgrader included with a cart like CS-Cart to try and upgrade all of your files automatically.
To disable such notices, you browse to:
1 fn_set_notification('W', fn_get_lang_var('notice'), $msg, 'S', 'upgrade_center');
And comment out this line. Easy. Fast. Effective.