One of the problems that you may have while upgrading CS-Cart is that the upgrade inexplicably fails during the upgrade process. If you are lucky, you will get a error trace umped to a file or the screen. If not, it may just silently fail in the background or freeze up.
This is certainly no fun. There’s a number of different carts that experience this, so it is not limited to just CS-Cart by any means.
Before you attempt any upgrade of your system, it is best to create a development (beta) area for you to test out the upgrade in first.…
What causes high CPU in Searchendise and CS-Cart?
We’ve noticed an issue where Searchendise eats up a large amount of CPU. In some instances, when you turn on Searchendise from the add-ons it spins the CPU up to a point where it can even crash.
This is heavily dependent on how many products you have in your catalog. It can be barely noticeable on CS Cart catalogs that have a dozen or less products, however, in a cart with 2,500 or more – we have seen significant load.…
We’ve seen this issue crop up a few times with operations in CS-Cart and the cause of it is usually a low-frequency – human-related event.
You have an order that seems to fail its credit card processing, yet a gift certificate was applied to the order. Failed notices have gone out according to your CS-Cart rules for alerts.
Check that someone has not changed your “open” status for orders to “remove credit card info ..” as the default is set to not to do this..…
Often we want to display multiple categories in CS-cart at a category and sub-category (or, sub-sub-sub-category) level. We’re not sure why CS Cart doesn’t offer this out of the box, but for future reference, you should bookmark this so you now how to implement this in new cs-cart builds
If you have a question about CS-Cart, please feel free to contact us to see if we can help you.
We’ve recently deployed:
- Coverall Stone / Cascade Stone Works – a CS-Cart build that sells by the Sq.
a function we use a lot is to quickly find and replace all references to a piece of text, word, whatever .. in a database table or the database as a whole.
Common usages are:
- Find and replace a word across all WordPress posts
- Find and replace an HTML Tag that appears in a line of code in a database
- Find and replace part of a URL or image reference in a database
- Find and replace an incorrect spelling in a database table or piece of content
As a baseline, the command is easy:
UPDATE `your_table_name` SET `your_field_name` = replace(your_field_name, 'text you want to find', 'text you want to replace')
We often get requests for how you can disable the CS Cart upgrade warnings or notifications that you get in the pop-up modal window inside the admin area of CS-Cart.
Often, clients will have us customize their CS-Cart builds in such as may that making use of any automatic upgrade process will overwrite core functions in their CS Cart build.
Some recent custom CS-Cart develop projects of ours have included:
- Creating an ApparelMagic to CS-Cart integration bridge as an add-on (or call it Apparel Magic CS-Cart Add-on if you prefer) that syncs inventory in ApparelMagic to CS-Cart’s inventory process.
Recently we released a free set of scripts to import data into Zen Cart from Squirrelcart as well as a series of scripts for importing customer data. You can view our SquirrelCart Zen Cart import scripts as well as our Zen Cart Customer Import scripts.
If you need help with a project like this, anf we mean any project involving importing data to or between:
- OSCommerce to Zen Cart Import
- OSCommerce to CS-Cart Import
- Zen Cart to Magento Import
- OSCommerce to Magento Import
- Zen cart to CS-Cart Import
- OSCommerce to Shopify Import
- Zen cart to Shopify Import
- Yahoo Store to CS-Cart import
- any other cart -to -cart imports.
- Also know as – OSC POS, OSCommerce POS, POS Plugin for OSC
- POS System for OSCommerce
- Point of sale for OSCommerce
Figure 1 – posshot1.png – Creating POS Orders in OSCommerce.
This screenshot demonstrates the standard three-part sales order view. The very top bar indicates where in the system you currently are. You are logged in as a sales-rep – â€œDanâ€ and you are processing a new sale. Next will come the individual line items.
Basic product lines in this OSC Point of Sale (POS) example, including kilt types and belt types, are specified in the first dropdown.…
We’ve just completed another Virtuemart Destination-based sale tax module for Joomla.
When considering Destination-based Sale Tax calculations for Virtuemart you need to deal with:
- Solve the problem with getting your customers to give you their zip + 4 information during the registration or checkout process. Since most people, including myself, do not readily know our zip + 4 information – you need to have a method for suggesting to the customer what it might be. You see this on high-end systems such as Buy.com or Amazon.com.
The Zen Cart & OSCommerce AJAX POS System is getting close to having a release ready. For more information on the OSCommerce POS or the Zen Cart POS – click here.
It works as an add-on module that hooks your OSC or Zen Database and still allows you to control attributes and information from inside OSC and Zen cart respectively. The fact that it is AJAX means you can do speedy real time lookups of customer information and orders. We have several brick and mortor stores who do millions in sales using the BETA of our system.…